Originally Posted By: Redrum
Originally Posted By: drakino
Originally Posted By: Redrum
Originally Posted By: drakino

I tried to get this to work on a Win 2000 machine. I got a ton of Classloader errors (Unknown Source). I have Java 6 so I would think I would be up to date. Maybe I need an older version or something.

Also if I get this to work, and update a local mail file, what should I view the mail file with?

I last used it on a Mac with Java 5, Java 6 should work just fine in theory. Make sure you have the other .jar files (commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar and others) linked off that page in the same place as the FetchExc.jar file.

It can either save to a local mbox file, or forward the mail on to an SMTP server (like GMail). I believe Thunderbird would work to read a local mbox file, though I don't know if it will constantly update, or require an import process to be run.

Rolling out Exchange without Outlook just seems like a bad idea, but then again it sounds like the whole project is a collection of bad ideas. If I was migrating away from Notes, I'd be looking at web app solutions to replace the custom Notes apps, and move the mail/calendaring/directory stuff over to standards like IMAP, CalDAV and LDAP to just let people use what they want.

Woo Hoo I'm getting closer. It seems to be connecting but then I get this....

INFO: ntlm authentication scheme selected
[Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file.
IOException in fetchAll()):Premature end of file.

I've created a local mail file but I think its talking about the a file on the server, maybe.

Well it looks like the owaauth.dll file has been locked down.

I think I have the correct path (FBApath=/owa/bin/auth/owaauth.dll) setup. When I try to access this directory with a browser I get no access allowed message so something is there.

I was thinking about finding owaauth.dll, downloading it to my PC and pointing there. However if I get a compromised dll my emails might end up in China.

If you happen to have one I could try that would be great.

However I don't know if I can get the fetchexc to access it locally instead from the sever.