I use Safari in Mac OS, because in the end, it's the browser that sucks the least. All of the browser choices have issues, including Safari (no configuration in pop-up blocking, no javascript configuration, download management sucks, etc..)

But compared to Firefox there's just no question the browsing experience is better. It's faster and for the most part always has been. Firefox's UI, has improved much over the latest versions, but they still can't seem to use native Mac OS controls - that alone is enough reason for many people not to run it, including me. Any third-party skin only makes the browser look and perform worse in Mac OS than the default one by the way. Top Sites has been a big plus for Safari and isn't matched elsewhere - the Google implementation is crummy.

I've tried Chrome, but Gogle can't even get their release system down, so I don't trust them very much to have a capable ad usable product long term. I mean, I remember some people making a hoopla about the beta coming out, except I had downloaded the official beta from Google's own site months before. I couldn't find anything to indicate what was different between the versions. I see people talking about "Chrome 2, Chrome 3 and even Chrome 4 - I've never seen that version number used on their download page to clearly identify the browser, just some Microsoft-like insane build number system. I also hate the close buttons being on the wrong side of tabs (on the right instead of left). Maybe after I stuff it full of extensions to get it to do what I'd like I might give it another serious try.

Safari used to piss me off on a daily basis through the 3.x versions - buggy as hell, lots of crashers. 4.x has been decent, but it still uses more memory than I'd like. And even though many elements of it are quite fast, it still feels the the whole browser is running in s a single thread on a single processor sometimes. Lots of beachballs on a 2.93GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of memory.