Hi,

When I went to San Jose years ago for a development project (early 90's), I would ALWAYS make sure to visit FRY's on Lawrence Expressway. That Fry's motif was Computer Parts. As you walked in the door you were greeted by huge Integrated Circuit models on the walls (10 foot), huge resistors for railings, dipped Tantalum capacitors, PC Board traces, etc. I felt right at home, somehow.<grin> If you needed glue chips to motherboards, they had it.

As mentioned, Weird Stuff is across the street. I never missed going there either.

I once fit a full size computer case (to house all of my SCSI drives at the time), into an airline overhead compartment on my way home that I bought from Weird Stuff. I actually still have a business card from Weird Stuff.

But, I also visited Disk Drive Depot (across the street and down a ways) plus HSC, which was down the street a little further.

There was Surplus Stuff too in Milp1tas, so much stuff, so little time...

Ross