Originally Posted By: msaeger
Link

After watching this video I downloaded the Chrome beta and I may be easily impressed but it is frik'n fast. I have been using mostly Firefox and a using whatever the stable Chrome release is but the Chrome beta blows them both away.

Fun video! Thanks for sharing!

So I assume you're talking about Mac here. Did you mean you were using the nightly builds? I'd heard they'd released a new beta - Ryan Block of GDGT tweeted something about it today and was saying it was really fast.

I've now fully converted on my Windows computer. I have a special place in my heart for Firefox, and I harbor no ill will towards it, but it really is just too slow. Chrome opens sooo quickly, and browsing is super fast. I have had difficulties adjusting, where some things are different and they continue to annoy me, but it's worth the annoyance.

People tend to say that Firefox is made slow by its extensions. Well, Chrome is clearly handling extensions differently, because I don't have any problem with about nine different extensions running at the moment. The best part about the extensions in Chrome, IMO, is that if one of them crashes it does so independently of the browser, so you just get a bar at the top letting you know an extension crashed, but you can continue with business as usual. This has usually been the case for me with individual tabs as well.

*edit*
And in case you hadn't heard, IE is finally loosing its share of the market. Looks like the losing portion was spread out pretty evenly, though it seems Chrome is rising the fastest at the moment. It'll be neat to see where things go.

Edited by Dignan (05/05/2010 03:50)