Rob-

I don't think you're getting flamed. First, I'm hardly saying my situation is your fault. I'm aggravated at the circumstances, not any person in particular. Second, flaming implies ignorant yelling and screaming, which I'm not doing.

Also, I disagree with what you said here -

"It's a different way of selling the same thing - if we did that, the promotion would start August 1st instead of July 1st. The same people would get a discount, they just wouldn't know about it yet.

..and then the people who bought 31 days ago would complain. "

It's all about PR. I would be far less annoyed right now if I'd missed the discount in the manner you described above. It's aggravating to still be unpacking the thing and hear that the price has just dropped considerably. That's why companies like Dell have that kind of policy.

And DiGNAN, you've made a good point. I do think the empeg is worth every penny I spent on it, and I'm thrilled with the product. I'm just frustrated to have spent more than I needed to, that's all. I mean, what kind of reaction did you expect Rob? Most of the people who read and post here have already purchased an empeg - did you expect us all to be thrilled to learn that we could have bought it for less if we had waited a couple of days (especially in my case, since I'd been waiting since the days of the Mk. 1 to be able to afford one of these things)?

-Adam