Originally Posted By: Dignan
Originally Posted By: msaeger
Originally Posted By: siberia37
I just scoop the litter waste into a plastic bag then throw it into my outside garbage can. Am I missing a better way to do it? Or is this just for people who live in apartments and can't access outside trash easily?

Some people just want the latest technology in cat waste removal smile

Well, I'll own up to that smile But really I'm all about addressing daily household activities, and figuring out ways to make them easier.

Currently I do the bag thing, but I'm going through the bags like crazy, constantly having to replace them. Plus, I do live in an apartment, and the trash is about a 600' walk away.

I use plastic grocery bags. You can never run out of them- of course depending on the grocery store you go to asking for plastic bags is kind of frowned upon anymore. But I actaully use them for something so I don't feel bad. The whole plastic bags taking up too much landfill space idea is kind of overblown anyways. The real contributors to landfill space are two things: Newspapers and Construction Debris. The answer to those two is pretty easy- recycle your newspapers and re-use building materials when possible.