That's cool. Though URC does track states - the "programming" is more involved as it's much more open to customization. You assign your own variables to track states for instance.

My 880 is just barely hanging on, with new buttons every day becoming more and more problematic. With the URC stuff I'm moving over completely to RF from the remote to a sort of command center. That command center actually gets programmed with all the macros and longer sequences, so when you fire commands from the remote, transmission is instantaneous. The command center box can then handle everything on its own, including timed events, etc. It also supports voltage and video sensing and output via IR, RS232 and USB keyboard emulation (which I'll also be using).

Anyway, I still suggest you call Logitech on the phone and try to escalate the issue. As mentioned, my brother was offered a replacement 880 OUT OF WARRANTY even, for a broken screen. This was only just last year. His One replacement was just within the past couple of months and in-warranty.