Originally Posted By: mlord

Or do they use the main sensor for the EV ?

I was going by Siberia37's comment that it had an optical viewfinder but according to dpreview:

Originally Posted By: dpreview

This is made possible by adopting an approach that has more in common with a mirrorless camera (like the Panasonic G2, for example) than an SLR by removing the bits that pretty much define such cameras: the optical viewfinder and moving mirror.

The designation 'SLT' stands for single lens translucent and it's the 'translucent' bit that's the key to what differentiates these new models both from conventional DSLRs and mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. The SLTs do have mirrors, but they're mirrors that let the majority of the light pass straight through to the sensor, rather than having to swing out of the way to allow exposure. As a result they are fixed in position, always reflecting a portion of the light emerging from the back of the lens onto a phase-detection AF array housed in the top of the camera. (A newly-developed 15-point array in the case of these two cameras).

So they do have an EVF (which I assume is fed from the image sensor) and siphon off some of the light for an AF sensor which still means that less light reaches the image sensor (and yes, something interfering with the path of that light).

"I spent 90% of my money on women, drink and fast cars. The rest I wasted." - George Best