Hello chaps,

i've not been about much of late, just the occasional look in here and there but, I now need a little help,

I've a mk2a 16mb / 29gb empeg, running ver:2.00.

our dvd player messed up so my lad went upstairs and brought his cheapo player down, we soon realised that the empeg -sat ontop of satellite box and running into the surround system- was doing strange things, this was quickly put down to the remote of the cheapo (maxim or some similar named chinese import. My numpty son then decided to see if he could work out how to operate the empeg using the dvd remote.

Despite me asking him to unplug the empeg and pack it in, mostly he was changing the graphic displays but when he continued pressing one button it started going through some kind of menu -i couldn't see what from where i was sat-, I told him one last time to pack it in but, being the complete idiot he can sometimes be, he had to have one more press of the button....the peg suddenly went and shut down.... what was unusual was that it did not show the blinking blue standby led. I unplugged it and reboooted but after the initial boot up it went blank again,

i've since discovered that if i hold down the volume knob that the menu comes up but, after about 5 seconds it will go off again unless it's being adjusted. none of the other 4 buttons do anything at all. there is still no blinking light. ... only the exit (small round) button works in the menu mode and all it does is... exit to a blank empeg.

can anyone tell me what he's done and how to undo it please.

many thanks in advance.

Hugh