Originally Posted By: schofiel
Then you should use the original remote and select the player as source. Sounds to me as if he has selected the menu to disappear automatically, the screen visual to something like funnelweb (which will react to the source), and you have nothing connected to the input connector (the MIC input). Result: blank screen.

He's not damaged it. If you plug something into the harness connector I suspect that it will start showing activity on the screen. Is there a small dot right in the middle?

Change the source back to player.

PS. I would suggest when he comes close to your empeg in future, you remove one of his arms to indicate just how serious you are when you use the phrase "Leave it alone".

Hi Schofiel,

I've only just noticed this post, thank you.

Having got an iPhone, and a newer van with iPhone dock, I got lazy and never did sort this problem out.

Tomorrow is my mrs birthday party and it's an 80's theme as far as food and music go - it's the 21st anniversary of her 18th! all my 80's music is on the empeg, I have some on the iPhone but am too lazy to work out how to set up a playlist - seems hard work!

as a result I got the pegs out today, sadly the problem hadn't just gone away!, I decided to do a little playing about and had pretty much come to the same conclusion as you mentioned above.

I've got one peg with a non working remote sensor - part here thanks to you guys but not yet fitted, I swapped front panels and hard drives and bingo, one fully working peg, though the boot screen is a little dim for some reason - otherwise 100%.

the other still has the same problem, it boots, says "source auxillary" and then goes to sleep, no winking light, nothing.

Upon the initial boot up -prior to switching parts, I was pressing buttons on the remote and the 'source auxilllary" message stayed up, however, pressing the source button simply powered it down again.

the problem I now obviously have is that the peg has no way to receive the remote signal until i get the panel repaired - the surface mount stuff is beyond my humble abilities with a fine tip iron. is there anyway to force the menu up using the buttons? no combi i've tried does anything, only holding down the volume knob which brings up the simple menu that has no say in important matters.

after this weekend i'll switch panels back and see if I can't get to the bottom of it. the peg has now been on 80's for three hours - oh how i've missed her - if only I could take her to the gym and make calls with it!!

cheers,
Hugh