Previous thread on this topic. Some of the specific recommendations are probably out of date, but there's still some useful info there.

I am also in the market for an IP cam (probably a few), as recently we had a neighbor stop by and tell us our dog bit their son. We weren't home at the time, so they left a note and a callback number, then they never returned my phone calls. It would have been nice to have a video record of what happened in case it turned out to be a real situation (we have an invisible fence, and our dog *never* runs through it, so the kid was almost certainly on our property, and very likely taunting / intimidating the dog, which my wife has seen kids doing previously.)

I found this database of cameras to be useful. The info is probably only 80% accurate and only 80% complete for current camera models, but it's a good start, and you can filter by megapixels, wifi, outdoor/indoor use, low light performance, etc. It's maintained by the developer of SecuritySpy, which looks like a good piece of software for managing multiple cameras and viewing the recordings on a Mac.

Right now, I'm leaning toward the Toshiba IK-WB16A, or possibly the wireless version, the IK-WB16A-W. It's not cheap ($400 USDish) but it has great resolution, and with pan/tilt/zoom, my hope is that I can set it up to patrol my whole front and side yard from a single camera position. It doesn't do infrared, but from what I've seen, you don't get usable IR visibility without a separate IR light source and a very expensive IR-capable camera. (Happy to be proven wrong on that if anyone has experience in this area.)