I got my Foscam FI8918 setup last night, and the early results are mostly positive. Since it's in my window, I have to disable the IR LEDs to avoid glare, but the low-light performance is good enough that I don't miss infrared at all. The pan/tilt is nearly silent, and the picture quality is good enough for what I'm doing. The web interface is a bit clunky, but using SecuritySpy mostly keeps me from having to worry about it.

The one major problem I have is the apparent lack of any sort of auto-brightness function, which means that if I set the shutter/brightness options for night performance, when morning comes, the picture is totally washed out unless I manually turn the brightness down and change the shutter setting to "outdoor." I can send HTTP commands from a script to automate this somewhat based on time of day, but I'm not sure how well that will work on cloudy days, and it's annoying that I have to bother with it at all. If I can't get something that works for 24-hour usage, I might end up sending this one back and trying to find a model that copes better with changing light conditions.