I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone while I get sucked into a computer game for 3 months. Went shopping last night and picked up the new Gran Tourismo game for the Playstation 2. I was just going to watch the opening movie and see what they changed before going to bed last night. Two hours later, I had to force the controler out of my hand and make myself go to bed.

To say this game is photo-realistic is the understatment of the century! You really aren't playing a game anymore. You are controling a TV show of car racing. It is that real. The gameplay is slower than that of GT2 but the acuracy is incredibly realistic now. This truely has become a simulation type game in all aspects. The number of cars has been reduced from 250+ to about 80 cars but the level of detail and control has enhansed 2 fold. They basically got rid of all the family cars, stationwagons, and SUVs from the lineup and kept the sports cars and GT cars. But can still race Honda Civics or the Cooper Mini. The number of tracks has increased but the detail on all tracks is much higher. You can actually see individual people in the stands reacting to the cars.

Best feature, the radio! GT has been known to have great music on their games but there was about 5 tracks which got shuffled around as you played. GT3 has about 25 songs on it and you can customize the way they play. The replays are like watching TV. It is indescribable how incredibly accurate it is. I am almost afraid to put the PS2 on a HDTV because I believe you will not be able to tell you are playing a game at all. Oh, and i.LINK is enabled for this game so you can race 2 people per console and Firewire link another console in for 4 player games.

I have only started playing and getting licenses but I can see a lot of time invested in this game.

Kazama