And by the way, you should check out Game Revolution's review. I think it's pretty fair as far as I can tell.

And, quoting the review...
GT3 contains some of the most realistic physics in a racing game. If you plan on being a successful driver, you'll have to treat each race like you're driving a real car. Don't even think about taking the 90 degree turn at 300mph, 'cuz it just won't happen. Gran Turismo 3 is indeed the "real driving simulator."

This is a typical statement made by someone who has only ever played console/arcade racing games.

Just because the car will understeer and slide off the track if you go too fast, doesn't mean the physics are realistic. This game has what's called FAR physics: "Feels About Right". In other words, they code in a little wheel slippage and tune it until it's fun to play with one of those otherwise-maddening console controllers.

I will concede that it's probably the most simulator-like console racer to date. But as long as you still play console games with one of those sex-toy-sized vibrating controllers, there will always be a yawning gap between console racer and simulator.

That's not to say that GT3 isn't fun. There's nothing wrong with making a fun racing game with FAR physics. In fact, I prefer the arcade-style racing games on the PC to the realistic simulators. For instance, one of my favorites is Touring Car Challenge 2. It's got that same kind of balance between simulator and arcade racer that the GT3 fans are talking about. I love it. There's no way I could ever complete even a lap in a realistic simulator like Grand Prix Legends.

My gripe isn't that GT3 is a FAR-physics game. My gripe is that teeny-bopper console-only reviewers make statements like "realistic physics" and "true simulator" about it. If they want real, they should try some of the Papyrus games and see how long they can stay on the track.

I gotta admit, though, GT3 does look pretty damn awesome. Saw it at E3, they had rows of racer-pods with full seats and steering wheel controllers. Pretty darn cool.