Just fine. I'm on the waterfront in the Bronx and nothing too bad. I'm also not in any of the lowest points in the city, so I didn't consider leaving, just moved my cars (far, to an above ground garage up in White Plains) and boarded up the windows. My dock was under water until about an hour and a half ago, but the wind changed and that went down quickly. There's a very small amount of water in the basement, but that's most likely due more to the ground already being saturated before this storm came, than the hurricane. Less than an inch in total. For a pre civil war house, I'll take it. There are some flooded streets a few blocks up, but others are open and clear so one could still get out. The entire neighborhood did a good job of tying things down and bringing things in, so it's mostly small tree branches and leaves for a debris field. One of the tubes of the Holland Tunnel is flooded, the Rockaways are partially under water, one area of queens (name escapes me right now) that had a lot of small bungalows along side a canal now has floating bungalows. New Jersey seems to have gotten it worse than most of NYC as a whole.

Word on the street (from good sources) is that most of the emergency preparations that were taken were a dry run for the new response systems instituted post 9/11 to see if it all works in case someone is planning something for the anniversary. In all fairness, on September 11th and during the blackout 2ish years later, everything went pretty smoothly.

My bigger problem is the 12 people in my sub 1100 square foot house that have been here since Friday night well in advance of the public transit shutdown since they all live in Manhattan and we've all learned from experience it's way nicer to be in the Bronx during a blackout. Always nice to be woken up to the sounds of people arguing over the importance of shutting up and keeping quiet so I can keep sleeping. I love my friends but they have got to go.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony