AT&T didn't go down where I was, although their tower closest to me was offline most of the day. During this period I had 1-2 bars of service that fluctuated between 3G and EDGE.

Most people I talked to on the phone yesterday have AT&T and they were also fine. I can't speak for Verizon, T-Mobile, or Sprint, but AT&T's network seemed to be just fine.

I only had about 1 hour of power yesterday before I lost it again. I have been without power from 6PM to 6AM when I left the house this morning. I'm sure it's still down at this point, but I hope it's back up before I return home. On the whole, however, loss of power isn't something to get too upset about. Much worse things have happened to others in this storm. If I lose some food in the fridge, that's not the end of the world.

Some of the roads by me are in rough shape. My normal route to work through Harriman State Park was closed. This isn't unusual when there's a lot of rain since the lakes end up flooding the roads. The northern section of the Palisades Parkway seems to have been flooded and then had the blacktop torn-up on purpose. A small section of it is just a mud puddle now. I'm hearing that sections of the NY State Thruway are still closed as is Route 9W (another north-south thoroughfare).