Holy thread revival.....

Having had virginmedias TiVo box (well 2 of them in our house) for the best part of 6 months, I have to wonder how come they're so revered?

The UI is clumsy at best, it's awkward to navigate full of superfluous button presses. It never seems to remember things, like if I press guide then I expect to be presented with the guide page centred around the channel i'm watching, not back at the start of the list.

If I stop a recording from playing I expect it to resume from where I left off, not from the start.

It really doesn't seem that well thought out or particularly polished.

That said, I do actually like it, usability issues aside its pretty good, the suggestions are things that it does do well. Virgin do actually seem to be applying pressure onto TiVo, because it would appear that long standing gripes & issues that people have had no success in getting fixed across the Atlantic are now being remedied.

And the killer usability feature is the iPad app, infact most of my gripes with the UI disseapear when using it because it's so fluid and natural to use, it's everything that the UI on the box isn't!

A few more updates and I think it'll be a killer system.

Adrian