Originally Posted By: TigerJimmy
I second the Ford Sync system. It's a microsoft system, so I wish I could hate it, but it actually works quite well. It's slow to react to some button presses, and there are some features stupidly disabled while driving while other (more complicated) features are accessible, but despite those quirks, it works very well.

Most of my experience was with the simpler first gen system in a friends car and some rentals. Experience there was flawless.

Amusingly, I managed to really freak out the newer second gen system in the 2012 Focus to the point it crashed. On the way back to the airport, I stopped for gas. Getting back in, I hit the voice command, said USB, and the system went bezerk. It said USB 2 or 3 times, the in dash screen cycled to radio but with no audio. Pressed the button, said USB again, and this time it tried to flip, went back to radio again, and stopped responding to any buttons.

Friend of mine in the car looked up how to reset the system to bring it back, and the information all pointed to pulling a fuse, or just waiting a day or two for the automatic scheduled reboot to kick in. So yes, there is still enough Microsoft fingerprints in there to hate smile

Hopefully some future updates solidify things a bit more by the time I buy a car again.