Originally Posted By: mlord
No USB??
Doesn't it have an SD card slot or something similar?

Pretty frickin' useless without that, unless one wants to be merely a consumer of other people's content.

There is the Apple camera connection kit* that gives you a USB connection and an SD slot for importing photos from cameras. I was guessing that Doug didn't have one of those...

And yes, not having a USB connection/SD slot is a compromise. But of course that is how the world works, hopefully carefully chosen compromises to make up the design of a product as a whole.

Most of my photos get taken when I'm out and about is on my iPhone nowadays, simply because the camera is surprisingly good and I've already got it with me. And creating/editing connect couldn't be easier, I have the amazingly complete iPhoto on the iPhone to retouch and if I want to edit it on a bigger screen I can always squirt a photo wirelessly across to the iPad and use iPhoto there too.

And the "magic" of iCloud means that whenever both my iDevices are on wifi the photos I took on my iPhone get automatically synced onto my iPad.

* not that I've ever felt the need to buy it