I'd rather be on a real keyboard, but the form factor of the iPad means I can generally carry it around with me and it's usually within reach. I don't type essays on it, but for a quick post here or there it's much easier than keeping up with a laptop.

But by in large the keyboard is a non-issue, as what I'm using it for doesn't require much keyboard use. I use it to read, surf the web, follow forums, watch movies, stream webcasts to my TV, and check email. These are all things where the size of the iPad makes it a much better experience than my iPhone, but the flat, light form factor makes it more portable than a laptop.

Sure if I'm writing a novel or slinging code I'm going to need my laptop, but for the majority of computer related actives I do the iPad works well enough that the form factor makes it a much more accessible device that a laptop or netbook.

For example, this is posted from my iPad. While I'd rather be typing on a real keyboard, I do alright on the iPad, and the form factor is what is allowing me to sit here next to my mother and son while I post this (I wouldn't have bothered to boot up and mess with my laptop).