For I don't remember how many years I've been using my Logitech MX1000 mouse that came with my DiNovo keyboard. Love it, always have. It's the Bluetooth version because that's what the DiNovo bundle was all about. AFAIK, the Bluetooth MX1000 was never available for sale on its own, it only came with the DiNovo bundle.

But now, it's started acting up. Bad connections, and the left mouse button is showing signs of wear.

So I thought I'd replace it with what I thouht was the best Logitech currently has on offer: the Performance MX mouse.

In short: I hate it. It doesn't seem to be anywhere as precise as my MX1000 was. I also hate the fact that I sort of have to 'stick my hand into it' before I can use it (because of how the thumb rest is built) instead of just being able to let my hand rest on it. (I know, it sounds weird, but that's how it feels to me and it's difficult to put this feeling into words) Lastly, the buttons don't seem to be that well placed on this mouse as well.

I don't think I'll be using this mouse for much longer. I may be a creature of habit, but I doubt I'll ever get used to it.

Now, looking at alternatives, it strikes me that it seems the normal mouse format has become something of a rarity nowadays! Most of the mouses available are the 'laptop format' kind, which is just fine if you're actually using a laptop for a small period of time, but not for desktop use on a daily basis, hours on end.

So please, could somebody point me towards a worthy replacement?
As said, I want it to be the classic format, not the 'laptop format'. Preferably the mouse should use a laser and be very precise. I don't really care for ergonomics. Function buttons are a plus, but not a necessity.

Thanks!