Originally Posted By: Dignan

Where is your receiver in relation to the mouse? I think I did notice that the range is a little shorter than the MX1000, but then the receiver for that mouse was the docking station which I always kept about a foot from the mouse anyway.

The receiver is plugged into a USB port on the front of my desktop case, which is positioned on my desk. This effectively means the distance is 60 - 70 cm. I doubt this is a problem. (and if it is, maybe I should consider a corded mouse instead. smile )

Quote:

Frankly, ergonomics are so subjective. People hold their mice differently, so I probably have a completely different experience than you do. I tend to move my mouse with my fingers alone, while my wrist sits motionless on my desk. My fingers are so far back on the mouse that my middle finger barely reaches a little more than halfway up the scroll wheel.

It's very subjective indeed. I also only use my fingers to move the mouse, I hardly ever move my hand. For some reason I don't use my middle finger to scroll, I move my index finger instead. I tried holding the mouse the way you descrive, but if I do, this means my hand is way back on the table and hardly touching the mouse. This can either mean two things: either my fingers are a lot longer than yours (which I doubt, my hands are not extremely large), or you also don't hold the mouse the way it's meant. By this I mean with your thumb snug into the provided space. Because if you do hold it like that my middle finger reaches up until the front edge of the mouse.

The "I use my fingers to move the mouse and not my hand" is probably even the main reason I hate this mouse, because if I position my had the way it's clearly meant, then I cannot use my fingers to move the mouse and I'm forced to move my hand.

This may be a case of simply getting used to it, but I doubt it. I've been using it for four days now and every day I resent it a bit more. smile