OK, did some more digging. The car is a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe. Above the stock radio stack, on top of the dash, is a "storage bin". This is also the location for the center speaker in the high-end sound systems (which I do not have nor want).

Picture

You can sorta see it there, on top of that pic.

I removed the bin and the empeg would JUST fit if I were to slide it down in at an angle. Im thinking of custom crafting a "pod" for the empeg. I want this to be a permanent mount, I dont care about removing it (have wifi set up already).

Thinking I wish I had the ability to craft a new bezel, eliminating the handle etc. I guess I could give it a go with a bandsaw and some sheet aluminum or plastic.

Any thoughts about this insanity? Im thinking a pod, rounded to match the style of the dash, that blends back into the dash. Cover it all with simulated leather texture or perhaps just paint silver to match the car radio area.

If I cant do this, then the display extender would surely fit. The empeg itself will be tight, no sled possible, but I think I can make it work.

Edited by jbrinkerhoff (03/09/2012 20:35)