I agree with you on the choice of anodised aluminium, my 5 already has two tiny marks on it (that no one else would see unless I pointed them out). I dropped my 4/4S many times before managing to put any noticeable damage on them (my 4S has a nick in the plastic buffer between the screen and the steel).

I'm sure the first time I drop my 5 it will pick up a very solid dent in the aluminium. However if they'd have gone with plain steel the whole thing would have looked unfinished and it would have been heavier...

...which brings us to the weight. I shared your view when I first held my 5, it was just too light. After a few days though my opinion changed, when I pick up my 4S is now feels like an overweight old dinosaur.

I can't agree on the too thin, I love the thinness and if anything it is more comfortable in the hand than the 4/4S for me (less sharp edges for a start).

I'd have been happy if the screen stayed the same size as the 4/4S. However, the extra height isn't the pain I thought it might be, though you do end up shuffling it around slightly more when using it one handed.

I'd have been very unhappy if they'd have made the screen any wider. I know a lot of people want a wider phone, sales of big arsed Android monsters have proved that. But I'm not one of them. For me the iPhone screen width is perfect. Any wider and it wouldn't be comfortable to reach all the way across when one handed.

I'll be very sad the day Apple cave in to you people who want big phones. Though I suspect some day it will happen.

Your proposed extra 5mm doesn't sound like much, until you add in the extra reach we already have with the new taller screen. No bigger please wink

The black border problem is easily resolved by buying the correct colour phone wink

I don't think the screen improvements have got as much coverage as they warranted. The screen is dramatically better than the 4/4S. It goes massively brighter when needed and the amount of reflections are much, much lower.

That makes it much easier to read the screen in sunlight than it has ever been before. Can't wait until the iPad gets the same improvements.