I'm not sure what Experia it was. I think from earlier this year, not the newest one.

In addition to making the screen 5mm wider, I'd also have liked to see the bezel area around the screen shrink by a couple of mm per side, so the overall width of the handset would be only 1-2 mm wider than it is now.

Less bezel on the top and bottom would also have been nice. The 5 is currently a little smaller than the 4, but it should have been even thinner.

With a thicker phone Apple could have actually included a better camera instead of pretty much the same one they had in the 4. So optical quality could have been improved through physics rather than software tweaks.

I'll say it again, I think the iPhone 4 takes crap pictures. Seems like Nokia is currently king of the hill for quality in the camera-phone department right now. Of course their phones with the amazing optics are rather thick.

Apple has had two revolutionary iPhone hardware releases IMO. The first iPhone and then the iPhone 4. The 5 just doesn't seem like "enough" to me. Which is typical Apple and they make it work in their favor. I'd just have liked something more remarkable.

Edited by hybrid8 (30/09/2012 19:28)