Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
Originally Posted By: canuckInOR
For me to switch to a 50mm prime, I'd have to use two cameras
Not necessarily.

I know that this is not a big-bucks interchangeable-lens DSLR, so most of you will dismiss it out of hand. But if you read the review and the specs, you will see that it has some pretty impressive capabilities, some of which might suit your needs very well.

1) HDR capability. It takes the "best" parts of three near-simultaneous exposures to produce a high dynamic range final image.

Near-simultaneous isn't sufficient when you have moving subjects in low light.

Quote:
2) Extended zoom. How much of your noise is because you are losing 50% or more of your original image to cropping due to the fixed focal length lens you are using now?

None -- I'm not using a fixed focal length lens, and I don't crop images. Or rather, when I crop images, I do so because I want to change the aspect ratio, not to crop-and-zoom. I don't do digital zoom.
Quote:
How many shots do you not even take because you were in the wrong place at the right time?
Many. But that usually has little to do with the focal length, and more to do with needing to be 6 feet higher in the air, or 8 feet to the left, or transported to the middle of the auditorium from where I am at the front of the stage.

But the rest looks very nice.