First show with the Vixy & Tony band was a success, the tablet worked great.

The PCMCIA Bluetooth Adapter that I tried didn't work, so I stuck with the USB bluetooth dongle and just remembered to unplug it before packing away the tablet.

I'd still like to solve the PCMCIA bluetooth problem, though. Anyone got any suggestions? The 3com one should have been perfectly, but it simply suffered from old software. It had to use its own connection/pairing manager instead of the Windows connection/pairing manager. This software could see the pedal, but it didn't see it as having any "services" it could connect to. I think the problem was that the card was so old that the only thing it wanted to use Bluetooth for was a network connection to another computer. When faced with a bluetooth keyboard (that's what the pedal is), it doesn't know what to do.

Anyone know of any good PCMCIA Bluetooth adapters that work with Windows 7 and can pair with BT keyboards? My criteria for finding one is that it must fit flush. If it protrudes, then it's no better than the USB dongle I'm already using. Tempted to try this one and see if it works with the antenna retracted. (*edit for posterity*": Yes that one worked. I do have to extend the antenna during a gig, but I remember to retract it before packing up and all is well.)