Hi.

I have been watching the new crop of low cost 4K TVs that seem to be popping up with considerable interest. Seiki do a 50 inch one that can be obtained for around $1000 US at the moment, and TCL are supposed to be launching a sub-1K USD one very soon of similar spec.

I'm looking at one as a CAD monitor, for which purposes the low refresh rate that HDMI 1.4 allows at that resolution is not a problem. One 50 inch 4K monitor is a very nice possible replacement for a 2 x 2 array of 24 inch 1080p monitors, having the same effective resolution and slightly larger screen area. I lust for it...

And of course, my current cad box has a total of eight video outputs, so I could have one of these plugged into the port capable of 4k output, and still have seven of my eight dell 2407s connected at the same time.

Wow.

I just had a shiver go through me at the thought wink

The problem is of course that these screens only seem to be on sale in the US. So the question is, would it be feasible to get one shipped to the UK? How would I do it? Would it be prohibitively expensive? Would it even survive?

Any ideas?

pca