Originally Posted By: tfabris
Oh, and let me take this opportunity to re-iterate what was offhandedly mentioned in this thread earlier: Make sure the services you want can stream to Mexico before purchasing a device to stream them. Some of these services are region-locked.
Yeah, I did that last night, got the reply from Amazon this morning. They were very apologetic, but due to copyright restrictions their video (and I assume music) streaming is only available in the U.S.

So, my Amazon Prime subscription isn't going to benefit me very much. I'll never save enough in shipping costs to justify it, and the two-day free delivery is useless to me because whatever I order gets held up in Mexican customs for ten days to two weeks anyway. Fortunately it (the Prime) is a 30-day free trial, so I can opt out of it.

It looks like some combination of a satellite dish (I think there are a couple of satellite services offering American or Canadian programming) and a DVR that we can load up for him may be the answer. Dan's suggestion of a TV with built-in streaming is also worth looking into.

tanstaafl.