Originally Posted By: Taym
I think most/all streaming services you're interested in are not available in Mexico, as they are not anywhere outside the US, as far as I know.

Yes, that's why we're trying to think of alternatives to streaming at all, like satellite or something. None that we can think of so far are very good.

**record scratch**

I was in the midst of writing this post, and I went to check which countries had Netflix because I knew it wasn't just the US (I knew it was available in several countries like Canada and some of Europe), but I was unaware that it was available in Mexico! Apparently they're in Mexico and several other countries in Latin America, at least if Wikipedia is to be believed.

I know it's not Amazon Prime, but IMO it's a lot better. The only thing I like about Amazon Prime Instant Video is that they have Avatar: the Last Airbender, which they "stole" from Netflix.

However, just because Netflix offers service in Mexico doesn't mean you'll get all the stuff we get in the US. You might only get a fraction of the stuff we get. That's where a free trial will come in handy, and it's trivial to get a free trial from Netflix.

**/needle back in place**

All that said, if you want to go the VPN route, the only provider I'm at all familiar with is this one, and only because they're a sponsor of a podcast I listen to. However, as a result there's a promotional free trial available.

They offer a free service, but you wouldn't be able to accomplish what you need to do (route through international servers) without the pay service with is about $7/month. That should let you get Amazon, or you can take your chances with the Mexican selection of content on Netflix.

Either way, it looks like you can test things out for free, as you should be able to get a month of Netflix and a week of VPN service at no charge.