Last year I bought an Asus N56V laptop, running Windows 7. It's main purpose was to be a work horse for my Traktor S4 DJ deck. It replaced the Apple Macbook pro (Snow Leopard) I used before that with it (because the Mac broke down and so I needed a new computer). I chose the Asus because it has a 15" Full HD screen which is very handy when DJ'ing with Traktor.

Now, with the Mac, everything worked perfectly, but with the Asus, now and the the sound stutters. This is very annoying, not to mention embarassing when DJ'ing a set. I contacted Traktor support, and they told me to use a utility called LatencyMon, which was created especially to check for latency issues on a computer which is meant to be used for real-time audio.

With the help of LatencyMon, I found out that one of the biggest culprits were the drivers for the LAN and Wifi, and the acpi.sys driver for control of the acpi battery. I disabled all these drivers in the device manager, and now everything is almost perfect. One last thing LatencyMon also noticed, is that my CPU is not running at it's full speed. It's supposed to be an i7, running at 2.3 Ghz, yet in practice it only runs at 1.8 to 1.9 Ghz. This is because of the Intel Speedstep technology, which is meant to throttle down the CPU speed when not necessary to be at full speed.

Of course, this is unnecessary (and even more: unwanted) in my case, because I need all the processing power I can get. (because otherwise latency issues might appear resulting in sound drops, pops and stutters). Now, normally you can disable the Intel Speedstep (or EIST) in the BIOS. But in this case, there's no such option available in the laptop's bios. I already flashed the bios to the latest version, but no love.

I also already tried setting the windows energy settings to "high performance" or "100%" all the time when using the laptop with a power chord (which I always do), but that doesn't seem to du much good, the CPU keeps throttling.
I searched for a small utility which could do the same, and stumbled onto SpeedSwitchXP. Unfortunately, as the name suggests, this only works for XP and I'm running Windows 7. I'm unable to find a Windows 7 alternative.

Does anybody here know of another way I could disable Intel Speedstep?

Thanks!