There's a lot to like from today's announcements, though I'm also skeptical that Android TV will do anything notable, and it's a shame. To do it right, you'd need to have an alliance between one of the bigger TV providers, some content providers, and Google, so that there's one UI for content whether it's on the cable/satellite connection, some streaming service, or local playback.

The lack of anything good that integrates these is still what's keeping me from becoming a cord-cutter, and Aereo's loss at the Supreme Court today tells me it's going to be a bumpy road for anyone who wants to try to take on any of the rent-seekers who are doing nothing but making TV viewing more frustrating and expensive.

Android Auto seems like it could be a real winner, but I'm several years away from a new car purchase, and am skeptical of how well the aftermarket head units will integrate with factory controls/nav/etc.

The watches don't excite me at all, and I wouldn't be able to wear one at work anyway.

Kind of disappointed to not hear anything at all about the next Google phone, but maybe something was said and I just missed it. I know they're re-branding as "Silver" and that we weren't going to get a new device yet, but some idea of what's on the horizon would have been nice. Buying an N5 now seems like just about the worst timing, even though my wife's contract just ended, and I'd like to get her on a prepaid plan to save money. (She'd prefer something with a hard keyboard, but all of the phones that have keyboards are terrible in one way or another.)

I just hope the N4 is powerful enough to run Android L. It's the one phone that doesn't feel slow or outdated at all this far into owning it, so I'd love to get one or two more major OS releases into it.