Originally Posted By: tonyc
Kind of disappointed to not hear anything at all about the next Google phone, but maybe something was said and I just missed it.

Android One was the only phone-related topic. But that's not surprising, correct me if I'm wrong, but they never announce a new phone at I/O. Last year the only announcement was the Play versions of the One and the S4. The new Nexus phones are always announced in the fall with not a word about them before that.

Quote:
I know they're re-branding as "Silver"

Well, that's a rumor. I don't think anything's set in stone yet. Like you said, we didn't get any information on their phone strategy.

I also don't think it's incredibly foolish to buy a Nexus 5 now. It's still a fantastic, extremely capable phone. It's going to be running the latest version of Android until fall of 2015 at the latest. My Nexus 5 has held its performance quality longer than any Android phone I've had before it. I've seen no noticeable slowdown from the day I first got it, and I couldn't say that about any other phone I've had.

Quote:
I just hope the N4 is powerful enough to run Android L.

I'll be curious if it gets L too. The Galaxy Nexus didn't get KitKat, but there could have been other issues there. I liked my Nexus 4, but I feel far more confident about my N5's ability to hold its performance for another year.