Originally Posted By: tonyc
...but it does seem notable that they didn't have to do this kind of thing with previous Nexus devices.

The Nexus 5 was the only one they could have done it with. Play Music has been around for three years, but All Access has only been around since May of '13. They should have done it with the Nexus 5, though.

Personally, I just can't get past the idea of the Nexus program. CM has left a bad taste in my mouth after years of let-downs. My history with it is much like Tony's, in that when stock Android stopped working well on my Nexus devices, I would install CM and eke another few months out of it. I did that with the G1, N1, and GN (I didn't have the N4 long enough to get tired of it), but do not feel the need at all with the N5. The N5 is the first Android phone I've ever used that doesn't feel like it's slowing down after a year of owning it.

On the three phones I ran with CM, I would constantly experience little weird things with it. It's hard to explain, but overall the stability wasn't there. You guys are saying that's fixed, but I just can't make that gamble and I don't feel that there's enough of an upside for me.

At the moment I'm looking at signing my family up for TMobile's very inexpensive family plan. As much as I like my $30/month plan, I'm always running out of minutes and it would be nice to not worry about that. I'm going to wait to see how much the N6 costs through TMo and if it's not too much I'll bite the bullet on that. I want to see what the fuss is with these huge phones, and while there's nothing wrong with my N5, I like to have a current-model phone. Plus I need a better camera to take photos of my kid.

Edited by Dignan (30/10/2014 20:35)