Wheras Tony and others are competing for the fastest responce to a post, I seem to be heading the other way. I am running "car1-developer-v1.02" (or the consumer version when I want to see if problems are caused by my mods and patches :-) ) and most of my tracks have any silence stripped out. The pause always occurs when I SKIP to the next track whilst the current one is playing, unless the track is very near to finishng anyway. If I SKIP forward for two or three tracks it will eventually keep up and just change the name to the next track in the playlist if I don't press the button too fast. This has always occured, with no regard for the version of software that I am running, although it seems to be less obvious with the consumer version. IIRC, this was discussed on this BBS some time ago and the answer put forward was "when version 2.0 is released..." As it is a very minor annoyance to me I havent worried about it too much. i have always assumed that it was just a caching problem that would go away when the new player is released. As my empeg has been back to the UK a couple of times I figured that any electronic/hardware probs would have been rectified by the good folk at empeg central.

PeterH
" 'tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"