Well, I was trying my EC on a laptop with both a built-in NIC and the Silver drivers (although I removed the silver card at the time). I really need to try the EC on deskop with less going on.

The latest firmware I have is a file called ECIM0401.RMU dated 2/17/2000. I got it off the Orinoco site (I think) with the updated EC Manager software.

I configed my EC, setup the network name, setup the encryption key. I put in a PCMCIA card that I had updated the firmware on under windows and still can't see the network at all.

One thing that I should have changed but didn't try yet is to alter the preconfigured insternal IP on the EC. It came set to 163.##.##.1 or something and I didn't change it. I'm thinking that I should set this to an IP in my local network range. I left it because this is the IP for the EC and not the IP that the 'hosted' 10BaseT device gets. The IP of the hosted device is 163.##.##.2 (per IPCONFIG) - I'm guessing becase I had my PC setup to to get IP from DHCP and EC "faked" this by adding one to it's internal address. Have you found this to be true?

In any case, I was never able to find the EC on the network at all.

Will