Guys,

I've been having this issue with my Xerox 6505 DN all-in-one, where it doesn't scan when commanded from PC. When I want to scan from the PC, using Scansoft Paperport 11, (or any other program for that matter, even MS Paint!) the program complains that it cannot make a connection with the scanner. Doesn't matter if I connect through USB or via LAN, using a TWAIN or WIA driver (I can see the drivers and select them - but the "scan" button in Paperport remains greyed out)...

I normally connect to this device via LAN (tried USB only this afternoon for the first time just to be sure - didn't work also, same error message). The stupid part is: printing works without a problem. (also via LAN).

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit). Another silly thing: when I first bought this device, I was still using Windows 7. With Win7, it worked without a problem. I then upgraded to 8 and later 8.1, and still it worked without a problem. Then, for different reasons, I decided to do a clean OS install, formatted my harddrive and re-installed 8.1 from scratch. It's since then that the scanner doesn't work any more. Keep in mind: this is the same pc and same OS it used to work on!

I've tried many times to re-install the driver. This makes no difference. The driver is rather old also (May 2013). There used to not even be a driver for Windows 8...

Currently, if I really need to scan I scan straight from the Xerox device to a shared network folder. This is an intermediate solution, which has its downsides. For one, it only scans to PDF and it's also not handy if I want to add multiple scans into one document.

I've been working like this for over a year now, but it's been getting on my nerves lately and I would like to see this resolved.

Anybody got any idea?