Thanks for the additional info Tony! I had never heard of filter drivers before, but thanks to your explanation I can imagine what they do. I guess it indeed could be worse, but still think it's unforgivable for an anti-virus company. Because that makes their product no better than the very thing they try to fight.

I created a support ticket about it yesterday, but haven't heard anything back yet. I must say they did their utmost best to make ticket creation unnecessary difficult for the customer. At first it didn't even work saying: "this feature is not available at the moment, please try again later", and after that, when it did work, it only allowed a certain amount of characters (but not saying how many) in the comment field. So I just ended up referring to the forum post I made about it on the Xerox forum...

I must admit this is seriously bugging me. I'll give them a couple of days to come up with a decent answer, but if they fail in doing that I'll just kick their product off my PC and replace it with something different.

I've been using ESET for more than 10 years, so I don't immediately know what other product to turn to. I installed Bitdefender on my laptop, but didn't find it quite as good as NOD32. Not that it didn't catch the viruses, but I didn't like the interface very much. But maybe that's just a case of some getting used to. Are there others that are also recommended? Kaspersky maybe? I don't need a full security suite, just the anti-virus product is good enough.

Edit: I see you topped your 30000th post! Congrats! grin