Originally Posted By: Dignan
I had a little bit of warning from a dialog box, but where it usually let me X out and tell it not to upgrade, this time the notification was more like "oh, you're getting this upgrade, and all you can choose is when in the next 12 hours it happens." The next morning I came back to my computer and I had Windows 10.

Yeah, I heard about that. I'd used GRC's Never10 on my systems (thanks, Steve!!!), but Vixy got hit by this. Here's another rant about that particular change: https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows...ning-windows-10

I consider that kind of behavior to be synonymous with the way malware and adware installs. Change the behavior of the close button. That's really great, Microsoft. Nice work. Sigh.

In Vixy's case, the problem occurred on her company PC, which runs a piece of accounting software that is incompatible with Win10. So yeah, big problem. Fortunately, she says she hunted around and found the "Roll back" button after the Win10 upgrade was done, and used it, and it worked. Maybe your clients who are having the same problem can find the same "roll back" button. Not sure where it is, exactly... Anyone?