No nothing like that. (I just took my front faceplate off for the first time ever and I think I found the problem).

On the front, you have a few components. The black plastic molded piece, the hex bolts, the blue display cover, the buttons and knob, and the actual display board. My problem is that the hex bolts appear to have been tightened too much. This has the effect of making the plastic from the molded piece break slightly. And after a bit of use, it finally gave way on the top. (When I was undoing the hex nuts, I could have just taken off the bottom two and then removed the plastic molded piece). Now the reason I think that it was tightened too much is also the blue panel is fractured in the bottom left corner, right where the smallest width points are from where the button cutout is.

I'll contact support on this one, as I still also need to get an AR coated faceplate.

(Oh, one thing I just noticed about the Riohome.com site. The support links off the front say nothing about the Rio Car. I had to go into the Rio Car section for the necessary support button to then get the address that I needed. [email protected])

Edited by Drakino on 20/08/01 08:43 AM.