Originally Posted By: JBjorgen
I think the chances of Doug installing a bash environment in windows to do a bash script are almost nil.
Surely you aren't implying that I might be less technically competent than you or Mark? Oh, wait... smile smile

By my calculations, doing the job with the keyboard macro will take me five minutes and 15 seconds, plus an additional 20 seconds to install the macro. Almost certainly less time consuming and much safer than other alternatives!

Okay, the job is done, but it took longer than anticipated. Instead of 5:15, it was 5:50, but I cut almost 10 seconds off the time it took to create the keyboard macro to make up some of the overage. smile

tanstaafl.

Edit: Ooops... I forgot about the 1400+ files in the subdirectories also needing renaming, and these don't all have the same naming convention. However, the names fall into just two categories, so alternating two different keyboard macros takes care of them, although it is still one file at a time. Have to look carefully at each file before running the macro to be sure it is the correct macro. It's done now, took a bit over an hour.

What'll you bet that my next backup will take a bit longer with 2300+ renamed files to deal with. smile

db

Edited by tanstaafl. (03/11/2017 18:09)