Originally Posted By: BartDG
Stupid question probably, but does the fibre company not also provide cable tv over that same fibre? Over here these sort of companies do, which would mean nothing would change really for your brother-in-law.
What would change is that of the hundred or so channels that will come bundled with the fibre, at least 90% (if not more) of the channels will be in Spanish, and most of those would seem to be soccer games -- excuse me, futbol games -- which hold little to no interest to him.

Mexican television has given me my life back. Before I moved here I was a TV addict, probably watching 50-60 hours a week because my Tivo always had 50 or more hours stored that I wanted to watch. In the nearly 10 years that I have lived here now, I have watched perhaps 10 hours of television. Sadly, I admit that I am hooked on YouTube now, so many documentaries, and some very respectable production talent. Watch Clickspring do improbably precise machining building a clock; or Floz putting together an hour-long video about Hamillton vs Vettel in the 2017 Formula One championship with production quality that Spielberg wouldn't be ashamed of.

We may just end up keeping the satellite TV for John.

tanstaafl.