Ok folks, I've been trying not to ask about my jobs recently, but this one has me stumped.

Take a look at the attached photo. Now, chose a manor in which to mount an 82" TV.

Imagine that the 600x400 VESA pattern is roughly centered on the back of the TV (because it is). It clearly won't fit above the brick outcroppings (supports for a long-gone mantle). There are full motion mounts that will fit between those outcroppings and the fireplace that can support a TV that size, and the positioning wouldn't be too bad. I'm just concerned about structural integrity. I'd have to attach at the mortar line just above the last row of bricks, and I worry they wouldn't be able to take the pressure.

I'm also concerned about the mortar. It's inset fairly deeply, like around half an inch. I worry about getting enough purchase on whatever fastener I choose (haven't decided between tapcon or good old plastic concrete anchor yet - or both).

I've even considered one of those mounts you pull away and down from the wall. I found one that will work well and only runs a minor $500.

Attachments
IMG_0096.JPG (83 downloads)