Are there cord cutters here? I have to imagine there are. What are you folks doing? What's your setup?

I've been investigating it for a few years, but it never really worked out for our viewing habits and for the price of our current TV services VS the price we'd pay for just internet. These cable companies are clearly aware that they're becoming a utility and they intend to price their services to avoid that.

Our current costs for television and internet services are currently around $140/month. This is for 100Mbps down/up, basic cable, HBO, and Tivo.

We're considering jumping from Verizon Fios to Comcast. They have a 60Mbps plan (all we really need) for $39/month to start and $76/month after a year. We'd drop Tivo, get HBO Now, get network TV shows from the antenna, and pay for basic cable stuff. It basically saves us around $40-60/month after the first year, and at least $80 in that first year. Apparently folks have had good luck in keeping those intro rates when they call the retention folks at Comcast.

Now it's all about setting this stuff up and getting it to work. Plex is NOT Tivo. Their UI is pretty bad, and the setup is challenging. I'm hoping I can get the kinks smoothed out. For example, we tried watching the World Series last night as it was recording, and it kept freezing up and restarting or just acting weird. I'm worried it's because the processor in my Synology can't keep up. I assume that the feed is getting transcoded as it records, and then transcoded again to play on the Apple TV? Not sure how it works. But it might be more than my DS415+ can handle even though it has pretty good specs.

I'd love to hear about all your folks' setups.