Mark- not sure I understood that last sentence, but you're describing pretty much what I'm planning on doing. Internet through Comcast, cell through TMobile, and TV through various streaming services (and OTA). The only difficulty is that - in the US, at least - the difference between an internet/TV bundle and plain internet is already pretty small, and when you add back in the cost of replacing the few shows you might watch with that big selection of channels, the added inconvenience that most cord-cutting solutions often comes with, you might as well just stick with the bundle. I think the only reason I'm considering it is also that I've been watching a little less TV lately.

Originally Posted By: canuckInOR
Originally Posted By: Dignan
Are there cord cutters here?

Our family is probably better described as never-corders.

I'll admit, your overall approach is appealing, but I think we watch too much stuff to go with it. There's not much we would be able to get for free, as network TV doesn't really have much content we like. Most of the programming we like is on streaming services and cable. But that's us.

I like Plex, and have already used it for years for my ripped DVDs. It's good, and they seem to improve it fairly often. I'm trying it out for live TV and DVR services and the more I iron out the kinks the better it seems to do. For one thing, I disabled the built-in transcoding feature and that seems to have fixed some funkiness I was getting. This is ironic as the entire reason I bought the older Extend model off ebay was to take some work away from my Synology so it wouldn't have to do the transcoding, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyway, I plan on moving from Fios to Comcast this week. We'll see how it goes...