Our situation looks more like your younger child. But it's a little different in that I have a Kindergartener so he's attending real school for the first time.

The teachers are really doing everything they can and I think they're doing as well as can be expected, considering. I do think that distance learning is possible, but it's particularly difficult for the youngest kids who don't have any experience with school and are the absolute worst at sitting still for 5 minutes let alone 30 or 90.

I think that's the reason that they've broken the day up into so many sections. There's no way these kids are going to sit through 4 hour long classes.

I just looked at his schedule again, and between full class sessions, smaller group sessions, asynchronous learning (homework), and breaks/lunch, there are literally 17 items on the daily schedule. And they're all different lengths.

Now you can see why I'm looking for this kind of thing. I'm getting a little tired of grabbing that sheet of paper we've printed out every five minutes, and it's hard to keep us on track when I don't remember if the 11th item on the day and the 3rd asynchronous one is 20 minutes long or 25.

Distance learning sucks, but I'm basically doing everything I can to make it not suck. And this is something I'm trying to fix for the both of us, because I need to stay sane just as much as he does!