I have a Eufy doorbell that I like. It works on local storage (can't remember if there's a cloud option). I like it more than the Ring I used to have because it's faster and the notifications include a still shot of the activity that activated it. The only thing I miss from the Ring camera is that I can't snooze motion notifications for a while so when my kids play in the front yard I get a ton of notifications.

I definitely don't miss the Ring speed issues. It's insane how slow that application is. I don't know if it's a remnant of how they built their service because they were basically the first out of the gate, but it's just awful. It's hilarious that even they recognized it was so bad that they developed an app specifically to get faster notifications/viewing. Have you tried that yet? That could be a good/free way to see if you don't have to make any changes. I think it's called "Ring Fast" or something. It basically installs alongside the regular Ring app, but it takes over for notifications. I think it improves the speed by forgoing anything else that the Ring app does, and only concerns its self with loading a live view of the video feed as fast as possible.

The Logitech Circle View doorbell was released recently and is basically the only doorbell on the market that supports Homekit Secure Video. The Eufy doorbell won't be getting that which is a bummer. I'm hoping HSV becomes more popular and more products support it.