Originally Posted By: tfabris
Originally Posted By: Dignan
I can't snooze motion notifications for a while so when my kids play in the front yard I get a ton of notifications.

Does that software have a way to exclude certain areas of the image from motion detection? I've never worked with doorbell software before, but all the security camera software I've seen has a feature for this. It's intended for exactly that sort of situation.

Oh, certainly. But these are kids we're talking about, and they run all over the freaking place like kids do, including up and down the front walk and other areas where I want it to detect motion from strangers.

*edit*
The notifications I received from Ring would give me the option - on a long press - to snooze for a period of time (I think it was 30 or 60 minutes). It would still record and it would notify my of doorbell rings but it just wouldn't notify on motion. This was a really nice feature. But it's a decent trade-off to have Eufy include a snapshot of the person at the door for motion and ring alerts. For example, last night we ordered pizza, and when the doorbell rang I could see on my watch that it wasn't the pizza it was UPS dropping off a package. I didn't need to open the app at all.

Edited by Dignan (12/03/2021 02:19)