Latest update is that my C# code (I can't write C/C++ to save my life) is working when using empeg's AM/FM mode. Will not work when in car, as it needs to use AUX mode to get the audio itself, or use an external mixer.

Anyway, it captures the IR remote keys by looking for <code>.P or M? values. It starts up in DAB mode as it has no idea what mode the empeg starts up (Player, Radio, or what Radio mode it should be using). Basic Next and Prev and "Scan for DAB" are working correctly. Maybe I'll get around to add capture and save / restore state information at some point.

Compiles using both dotnet and mono on a RPI 4. Ordered a MAX232 to TTL to connect empeg's RS232 to the RPI Zero's GPIO pins (Using RS232 to USB adapter on the bench, but a Zero only has a single USB port, need that to talk to the radio), and RPI 4 is too power hungry for my tiny car.

Thanks for the emphatic idea. Need to see if I can get it to send bits of information from the Radio to empeg. Makes it a bit more user friendly if I can see what DAB or FM frequency is being played etc.

Edited by johnjore (21/04/2021 04:31)