The V70 has a compartment at the back of the car used for storing the sparetire. I'm been thinking of putting a sub in there

That is how I have the subwoofer installed in my Taurus station wagon. The spare tire is mounted vertically in the left rear corner of the cargo compartment, covered by a hard plastic shell. By turning the spare wheel around backwards there was just barely room enough to place a 10" subwoofer inside the dish of the wheel. (about 1/4" clearance all around) The subwoofer is mounted to the plastic shell covering the tire and of course has wires long enough to set the shell aside to gain access to the spare wheel, and also connectors to disconnect it entirely. The shell required reinforcement with sheet aluminum and fiberglas to carry the weight and vibration of the subwoofer.

Sound quality is superb, even though the speaker is running in a free-air environment and wasn't really meant to do so.

Best of all, the installation is totally stealth. Nobody looking at my car would think there was any kind of stereo installed at all.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"